Tuesday 4 October 2005

Had THE dinner of the year tonight. The big treat from visiting officials. At a fancy restaurant in downtown La Jolla, which is a really rich area with a great view of the sea. Food was of course, good. There wasn't a single thing which didn't taste good, and that's really rare nowadays. School food, there's usually at least one thing that tastes bad. I had some fish wrapped in paper.. with the juices and spices all wrapped up nicely in the paper. Of course the paper is not for eating. With rice and asparagus. Nice. Oh forgot to mention about appetiser, got mussels and clams, crabcakes (very very good), pita + cheese, and bread. Then dessert, I had kookie pie, which is hot chocolate cookie base + chocolate sauce + vanilla ice cream + caramel cracker + whipped cream. Really good. Too bad I couldn't finish it. Too filling. Good.

Talked to people. Met Jin or however you spell his name. Yup he is cute. Charismatic, but I think I need to brush up on my communications skills, cos I have nothing much to talk to him, and he changed his seat halfway to sit with the grads. Haha. Anyway found out that even freshmen in their first quarter can volunteer their services to grads and post-grads and profs. I'll do that soon, I hope.

People are nice. Talked to Shannon and Josephine for a while. They asked the undergrads to look after me. =) But seems like most people are more interested in grads than freshies.. that's absolutely fine with me, cos I don't like attention, especially since I was like the only undergrad there on time. And again, people are nice, Canyon Park pple has just invited me for dinner tomorrow. But I a bit bu hao yi si go.. might just cook my own stuff tmr.

"Don't be hampered by the 3.8, take the courses which you're interested in."
"Can I borrow your notes?" Erps.. think my notes not that up to standard..
"谁已经有相思病了?"
"Any problems?" "No problem, no problem"
"The Maths dept is the most dressed down." I totally agree. My prof wears T-shirts every day. All the TAs I've seen wear shorts. And everyone was dressed up yesterday. All the guys, non officers I mean, were in shirts.. girls were wearing something decent.
"He said he can have 20 dishes on his menu if he opens a restaurant." Haha, now everyone knows what a great cook Kenny is.

No comments: